God has led me down the path to donate a kidney to my father.

Saturday, November 11, 2006

Today is remembrance day

I have spent much of the day in thought of our veterans. Strange also that it is the 11th day of the 11th month and I have 11 days until my surgery. I just found out my sister-in-law will be coming to the hospital on the day of the surgery which means a lot. I am glad my husband will have that support. His parents are in another province so it is very comforting to know his sister will be there to be by his side when I can not. I have been reading the book I mentioned on preparing for surgery and it has been very helpful. I have some relaxing music I listen to whenever I am starting to feel anxious and as the book recommends, I take that time to think back to a happy moment in my life, my honeymoon actually. My husband and I on the beach walking and watching the sand pipers. Even though our dogs were not there, I sometimes picture them there with us. It's very calming and I know it will be helpful througout this process. I am learning to turn my anxiety into calming thoughts and images and it is very theraputic. Everyone is so nervous and they all keep asking me if I am nervous but I am doing okay. On monday it will be just 9 days away, the single digits means we are getting very close. Now that the tests are over, it's just the waiting which is difficult because you can create a lot of stress for yourself in that time. But as I said my book is helping a lot with that and I have faith that everything will be fine. My sister in law was kind enough to lend me many pairs of loose fitting sweat pants since I don't own a single one and it is highly recommended you have loose fitting comfortable pants to wear for after the surgery. I have to pack my bag soon and knowing that, I know just how close the surgery is getting. It will be here before I know it and soon it will be finished and we will be healing and hopefully my dad can get back to something of a normal life. If I can give him just that bit of happiness, that his life might feel normal again, that would make it all worthwhile just for him to have that once again. It seems like it's been so long since he's had something close to normal, so long.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home