God has led me down the path to donate a kidney to my father.

Tuesday, November 14, 2006

8 Days to go....

Well, there are 8 days left until my surgery and only 3 work days left. I have done much thinking over the past while and a few things continue to weigh on my mind. The concern is, while my place of employment has been very cooperative, I do not meet with the HR group until Thursday to get my Short Term process started, thursday is only 6 days away from my surgery and I feel very rushed with that but they insist it is plenty of time, I have my doubts. I am worried that my paperwork won't kick in in time and I won't have enough money for Christmas, if that is the case I will have to lean on some family memebers, which I would rather not do, but we'll have to see how things go. Other than that I am feeling really good. I am calm and relaxed about the surgery. I am getting things organized, I have made a list of phone numbers and tonight I will begin packing my bag for the hospital. I continue to write in my journal and would encourage anyone going through this to do the same. God has been good by blessing me with a kidney that I can give to my father and I am very grateful for that. My friends and co workers have been so supportive and I feel like I have a great support system to help me through this.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home