God has led me down the path to donate a kidney to my father.

Saturday, November 18, 2006

4 Days and counting........

I didn't sleep much last night, anxiety won me over and I ended up getting up and going upstairs very early so as not to wake my husband. I am getting nervous about this surgery and I can't help it. So many different thoughts are filling my head but even amongst all the anxiety, I am still excited for it. I know my father is nervous and that makes me feel like I need to be strong for both of us. I did start packing my hospital bag yesterday, perhaps that is what began these feelings. I have no doubts about what I am doing but it is after all major surgery and I know that there are no guarantees. But I am going to remain positive, read some of my book on preparing for surgery and listen to my mp3. I know that staying positive helps me to stay calm and right now its very early in the morning and I am not really thinking straight. I do have faith in God that everything will work out the way it is meant to and that is a comfort knowing he is there and he is watching over us. After all, God has led me down this path, it is his will that I help my father and I am blessed that I am able to help him. God will take care of us. I can't believe it's only 4 days away. It seems like yesterday they told me the surgery date and now here we are 4 days and counting to my dad having a better life. I will continue my prayers for I know God is listening and I will continue to lean on my faith for comfort. God hears our prayers and he understands. I will go do some reading now and I know that will help me to relax. 4 Days to go !!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home