God has led me down the path to donate a kidney to my father.

Sunday, June 10, 2007

Get out there!!

Hello all,
It's been a month since my last post and I am happy to say I have taken up jogging again. It feels great to get out there again, it's an awesome feeling. I've only just started again, so it will take me a while to get back where I was, but I will be pushing hard to get there! The great thing about jogging is that it has so many benefits! First and foremost it keeps you physcially healthy, but it's also great for your mental health it helps work off any stress, it gets you outside enjoying nature and life, and it just feels good!!! And of course if we lose weight well that's just an extra bonus, we all love that part right? Anyway things are good, I have been pushing Dad to keep up with using his sunscreen as his anti-rejection meds increase his risk of skin cancer. He is a stubborn man but he's doing it, reluctantly, but doing it which is the main thing. As I said in my last post I hope everyone will get out there and do something they've wanted to do but haven't got around to, life waits for no one so jump in!!! Do the things that you dream about, and think about but never take action on, it's worth it!!!! I am doing that a lot these days and it's incredible. Also get out there and do the things you love, take the day off work and go the beach, (don't get yourself in trouble though) go to the park, go for a run!!! Do something great and feel great, Carpe Diem!!!!!!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you, Amanda, for your detailed account of your donation experience. I will be donating a kidney to a friend, hopefully in about 3 months. I have read many diaries about the donation experience and yours was especially helpful with the pictures and everything. I feel much better having read all the comments. You have done a wonderful thing in both donating AND blogging and I hope that you continue to do well.

5:20 PM

 
Blogger Amanda said...

Thank you so much :) Donating is an experience that changes your life, and the life of the person you are donating to. It's awesome that you've offered to donate, and I hope your journey leads you to where you want to be. Originally I started the blog in the hopes of helping others, but I realized it helped me too. Sharing your thoughts and feelings is very helpful and theraputic throughout this process. I recommend it, and I also recommend getting pictures during your hospital stay. This is something I didn't do and wish I had. It's a great memento of your experience. Good luck and I hope everything goes well, it's people like you that make the world a better place. God Bless!!

9:22 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home