God has led me down the path to donate a kidney to my father.

Thursday, December 21, 2006

Yay for jeans!!

Yay! I can finally wear jeans again!! Wooo! My incisions are healing well, they are just looking pink now and I can see what the scars will look like. The adhesive from that blasted tape is still on most of them and it's driving me crazy! Two of my little incisions are adhesive free, and it seems to have come off my big one as well, but a few of my little ones are still sticky with it. I am slowly getting back to my normal size but am still a bit bloated. Today I put on make up for the first time since the surgery, and for the first time since the surgery I felt pretty again. I have felt so "patienty" (if that makes sense) since the surgery that along with my necessary sweat pants I would just wear big t-shirts and not do my hair or put on make up. And today I felt like putting some effort into myself again and that feels really good. Tomorrow marks 4 weeks since my surgery and I can't believe how far I've come since day 1. I feel almost normal again (almost) and I know soon I will be me again. In 2 weeks I will be back to work and I think when that happens, I will start to feel like my life is coming back again. Although I am not thrilled about going back to work, I know that I will feel more like myself once I do. Anyway, everything seems to be going very well and dad is doing great! Yay for jeans!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home