God has led me down the path to donate a kidney to my father.

Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Strength

A family member is going through some health issues, and although it is not my father and is completely unrelated to the kidney donation, I just needed to express my feelings here. I will not get into the details as to respect the privacy of the family. You know it's times like these when you almost think that you've got nothing left, that you realize how strong you truly can be. Sometimes I fall apart, but God has taught me to be a fighter, I will not give up on him, myself or on anyone else. True faith has gotten me through many difficult times and I believe it is the only thing that brings us through the rain. I pray for those who have lost their faith or who have not found it yet. It's never easy facing times such as this but God gives us the strength to make it through as long as we believe. I never got confirmed, nonetheless I have always had a strong faith and I have been very much contemplating going to get confirmed. I will speak with my minister about it. I feel like a part of me is missing because of it. I also think I am going to check into volunteering at the kidney section of my hospital where my surgery was done. They have given so much to Dad and I, I feel like I should give something back.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello... I had the same feelings about two-and-a-half years ago. I was never baptized and the feeling started sweeping over me. I then found this in the Bible: Matthew 28:16-20. Jesus is the perfect example for my life. If He said it..I do it! He commanded the disciples to baptize/confirm as an act of faith and obedience. I know you will be fully blessed by doing such a wonderful thing by openly showing that you are in God's family and that you belong to Him. God bless you and God is the only way to get through this life. I pray that God's mighty hand is over you to comfort you and to carry you through this and that He touches the illness in your family.

3:19 AM

 
Blogger Amanda said...

Rachelle,
Thank you for your kind and inspirational words, they brought me to tears as I read them. God has brought me through so much and this is a step in my life that I can take for God and for myself. It's important to me, and I think about it all the time, and now I know it's time for me to take that step. Thank you.

6:44 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home