God has led me down the path to donate a kidney to my father.

Saturday, January 06, 2007

Working again after donation

I went back to work on Wednesday January 3rd, and today is Saturday January 6 and I must say it went quite well. I was a bit sore after sitting all day (I sit for about 8 hours at my job) Sitting for so long is a bit uncomfortable but I am doing good. I am glad I started part way through the week so it made for a short first week back, that way I can sort of ease into it. I don't think I could have handled a full week right away like that, but I am confident next week will be great. Dad and I are both still doing wonderfully and my first day back at work EVERYONE was asking about us and wanted to see my scars, which I am happy to show. I finally have my appetite back which is good, and I am feeling like myself again. I haven't started exercising again yet, but I think I will try it out in the next few weeks. All of my incisions are looking great, they are pink and healing well. One of them looks kind of funny as it sort of goes inward and looks like a divot, I guess it must just be the way they stitched it. The batteries in my camera are in need of a re charging, but as soon as I get them charged I will take another set of pictures of my scars to show how they are healing and how they look without all the gummy adhesive surrounding them. All is well though and I am happy with our progress. I did have a couple of scary moments when I almost fell down the stairs, and then when one of the family dogs jumped up on my belly. Both times were quite painful but I made it through unscathed. I hope everyone's new year will be as wonderful as I plan on making mine. Here's to 2007, it's time for a new start. Let's toast to a year of good health, happiness and family. Here, here!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home