God has led me down the path to donate a kidney to my father.

Tuesday, December 26, 2006

Almost 5 weeks!

I am almost at the 5 week mark since my surgery and 1 week to go until I return to work. Although I do feel physically ready to go to work, I just don't wanna! I love being home with my family and dread going back to a job I don't like. Oh well, I guess there's not much I can do about it. We do have to pay bills. Christmas was great, I loved spending the time with my family. I feel really good, although I do have to say my eating habits over the holiday season have been less than okay, but, I will have to smarten up, I don't want to fall into a rut. My incsions are still a bit sore but looking good. The adhesive is now gone which is nice. I was under the impression that I had no stitches in my smaller incisions, however that is obviously incorrect since a stitch poked through one of my incisions. I found a little clear plastic stitch at one end of my incision that came out and went back in like a little loop sticking out. One end has become detached and it is just sort of sticking out now. So, in light of this I now realize that there must be stitches in all my incisions because that was definately what that was. I had some wine with Christmas dinner which was nice, it was the first time I drank anything since the surgery and I was a bit nervous about, but it was fine. My energy is great and I feel like I can do so much more now, in a much more normal capacity compared to only a couple of weeks ago. I am starting to feel like me again and it's a good feeling. I hope everyone's holiday was wonderful and that the new year brings much joy and happiness.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home