God has led me down the path to donate a kidney to my father.

Friday, December 08, 2006

2 Weeks Post Op

Yesterday marked exactly 2 weeks since surgery! Dad and I talked about it last night on the phone and how strange it seems that two weeks ago we were just beggining our recovery. Today, I got paid for my short term. YAY. I can pay my bills!! It's such a huge relief, for those of you who have read my previous posts, you know it was a worry for me. And I think I am allowed to drive now so I might try heading out today to finish Christmas shopping, or I might wait for my husband to come home. It depends on how brave I feel...... Another little exciting tidbit from my recovery, I can actually lay on both sides now when I am trying to sleep. I can lay on either side and that makes it so much more comfortable, although getting on to my side is quite a task, it does take a while. My sister in law was kind enough to drop off a frozen pizza for me yesterday which was good because not being able to go anywhere I was running out of food, and although people were asking me if I needed anything, I didn't want to put anyone out of their way so I said no. But my husband (who is away for work) called my sister in law and told her that I was running low on groceries, so she brought over something for me to eat. She tried to find out what else I needed but I would only accept the pizza. Stubborn I am, but I don't want to be a pain in the ass! My incisions have been itching a bit which I am told is a good thing, but it doesn't feel good. My appointment with my surgeon is only a few days away and I am anxious for him to have a look at my stomach and see what he says. I am hoping he will tell me I can pull off these steri-strips, they aren't physically bothering me, but having them there drives me crazy, I want to take them off! I don't like them. And I would like to take some pictures of the incisions without those strips on there.

2 Comments:

Blogger Titusina Andronica said...

I'm glad to hear you got paid your short term disability. I'm sigining up for it at my work, too!

10:45 AM

 
Blogger Amanda said...

It makes a big difference, I hope you get it :)

3:06 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home